I accidentally stumbled across Google’s Ad Preferences page, which lists all the “information” it has gathered about me through tracking cookies.
It was quite accurate with no false positives. I mean the following list describes me pretty much completely:
- Arts & Entertainment – Events & Listings – Concerts & Music Festivals
- Arts & Entertainment – Humor
- Arts & Entertainment – Music & Audio
- Arts & Entertainment – Music & Audio – Rock Music
- Arts & Entertainment – TV & Video – Online Video
- Autos & Vehicles
- Autos & Vehicles – Custom & Performance Vehicles
- Autos & Vehicles – Vehicle Brands – Porsche
- Computers & Electronics
- Computers & Electronics – Programming – Scripting Languages
- Computers & Electronics – Software – Internet Software
- Computers & Electronics – Software – Operating Systems – Windows OS
- Games – Computer & Video Games – Driving & Racing Games
- Internet & Telecom – Web Apps & Online Tools
- Online Communities – Blogging Resources & Services
- Online Communities – File Sharing & Hosting
- Online Communities – Photo & Video Sharing – Photo & Image Sharing
- Sports – Motor Sports
- Sports – Team Sports – Hockey
- Demographics – Gender – Male
I’m curious why it singled out Porsche, and I’m not sure about the very first Concerts and Events category either, but still, great job stalking my internet habits, Google!
I believe the following link should bring you to the page, but I’m not sure as I stripped a ton of session variables from the URL.